Oh British Summer, how I love you. Everything seems better in the sun, doesn't it? Despite this crazy sunny, stormy, rainy, windy, oh, and sunny again, weather we're suddenly having, there's set to be another heatwave through July and August. That can only mean one thing - picnic recipes! I've put together a few of my own plus some other food blogger creations.
This weekend I packed up my new picnic bag from Next (complete with cheese board and proper cutlery) and set off to my local Leicestershire park for a feast. The sun had his hat on and I even treated myself to a tiny bottle of fizz for the occasion.
Crack open the Pimms and let's get started on the recipe ideas...
A simple recipe and a buffet must-have!
2) Veggie No-Sausage Rolls
Packed with lots of your favourite veggies.
3) Chorizo Scotch Eggs
A twist on the classic scotch egg with smoky chorizo and paprika.
4) Spring Chicken & Asparagus Pasties - xameliax
A light pasty idea with seasonal asparagus.
5) Spinach & Ricotta Quiches - The Bearded Bakery
A gorgeous vegetarian combination for your picnic.
6) Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies - Tin & Thyme
For those with a sweet tooth. Easy to just pack up and go!
7) Red Pepper & Feta Quiches - Celery & Cupcakes
A delicious combination with a healthy cauliflower and quinoa crust.
8) Classic Focaccia - Sophie Loves Food
Beautiful and colourful focaccia for an Italian inspired picnic.
Photo Credit - Sophie Loves Food
9) Roast Beef Wraps with Cranberry Relish & Spinach - Maison Cupcake
Colourful and delicious wraps with an unusual but tasty sounding combination.
10) Chorizo & Red Pepper Quiches - Jen's Food
The smoky chorizo is brought out with yummy red peppers.
11) Sunny Picnic Quiches - Fab Food 4 All
Does what it says on the tin! How lovely do these look?
Photo Credit: Fab Food 4 All
12) Raspberry Lemonade - Recipes from a Pantry
Sip on some posh raspberry lemonade in the sun.
13) Miso Muffins with Kale, Carrot and Courgette - Tin & Thyme
An interesting take on the classic savoury muffin.
14) Black Pudding Scotch Eggs - The Foodie Couple
Another twist on the winning scotch egg.
15) Chorizo & Pesto Scones - Hannah Bakes Things
Fresh and savoury scones with hints of basic and paprika.
Photo Credit: Hannah Bakes Things
15) Mini Cheese & Onions Pasties - The Veg Space
Such a cute idea! Another great veggie option.
Oops - who spotted that I did two at number 15? Well I'm leaving them both in anyway, because they're all lovely.
16) Easy Mini Quiches - Eats Amazing
A simple recipe, ready for you to put in your favourite fillings.
17) Mini Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pies NoseBag NI
Picture perfect pies, filled with a classic chicken, mushroom and leek trio.
Photo Credit: NoseBag NI
18) Classic Pork Pies - Lancashire Food
Find out how to make pork pies with the Haynes Men's Pie Manual.
19) Bacon, Mushroom & Basil Muffins - Casa Costello
Handy and delicious muffins which can be frozen and defrosted ahead of your picnic.
20) Wholemeal Stilton & Broccoli Pasties - Jen's Food
Another great duo - Stilton and broccoli - wrapped up in the healthier wholemeal choice.
Will you be packing up a picnic this summer? Which are your favourite picnic recipes?