Today marks National Coeliac Awareness Day - September 13th. With so many fantastic bakes, sweet treats and delicious dishes from fellow food bloggers, I thought it was about time I put together a round up of gluten free recipes. I have a few friends and family who live with coeliac disease, and am always keen to see restaurants putting alternatives on their menu too.
It was also great that GBBO did a free from episode this year, which raised awareness of sugar free, dairy free and wheat free baking. So from desserts and cakes right through to pizzas and muffins - here are 24 sweet and savoury gluten free recipes to enjoy!
1) Easy Cauliflower Pizza - Recipes & Reviews
2) Polenta Crostini with Jamon, Ricotta and Rocket - The Petite Cook
3) Banana Cocoa and Honey Muffins - The Petite Cook
4) Gluten Free Scones - Lancashire Food
5) Tahini Almond Cookies - Natural Kitchen Adventures
6) Nutella Roulade - Penne For Your Thoughts
7) Buckwheat and Chia Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies - Franglais Kitchen
8) Chocolate and Chestnut Torte - Franglais Kitchen
9) Raw Chocolate Fudge Squares - Rough Measures
10) Fig and Blackberry Gluten Free Crumble - Franglais Kitchen
11) Avocado & Bacon in a Courgette ‘Muffin’ - Natural Kitchen Adventures
12) Flourless Almond Butter Cupcakes - Family Friends Food
13) Gluten Free Pop Tarts - Family Friends Food
14) Custard Creams - Tin & Thyme
15) Chocolate and Pear Torte - Lancashire Food
16) Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Cake - Super Golden Bakes
17) Chickpea Flour Pizza - Nadia's Healthy Kitchen
18) Custard Creams - Tin & Thyme
19) Gluten Free Coconut Rice Pudding - The Crafty Larder
20) Gluten Free Millionaire's Shortbread - Recipes & Reviews
21) Almond & Coffee Cake - Sophie Loves Food
22) Gluten Free Raspberry & Chocolate Cake - Sew White
23) Easy Watermelon Cupcakes - Eats Amazing
24)Galaxy Popping Candy Brownies - Recipes & Reviews
Any of those take your fancy? Just goes to show that a gluten free lifestyle doesn't have to be a cake-less one. Some of the recipes of my own, although others have been kindly donated by some fantastic food bloggers.
Have you ever baked a gluten free cake? Do you have a favourite bake which happens to be gluten free too?